You are a channel of God’s love and grace
“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV)
In faith, I know these things to be true:
- God is full of love and grace, and he fills me with his love and grace.
- God’s work within me is to clear a channel for his love and grace to flow through me into the lives of anyone and everyone I meet.
- I may not be there yet, but I am “confident of this, that he who began a good work in [me] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:6 NIV).
- And I know “God is able to make all grace abound [in me], so that in all things at all times, having all that [I] need, [I] will abound in every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV).
- He will make my joy complete because I no longer live in darkness, but I now live in the truth and have fellowship with God (1 John 1:4; 1 John 1:6).
- Through the “Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit,” I am, at all times, filled with grace, mercy, and peace (2 Corinthians 13:14 NIV).
- This is what I believe to be true and I will walk accordingly, allowing God to do his work in me from the inside out.
Who can benefit from God’s love and grace through you?
Pray this today: “Father, please do your good work in my life. I believe; help my unbelief.”
Praise for Breakfast with Bonhoeffer
“Powerful and painfully honest, Jon Walker’s storytelling is pitch perfect. Tempered with truth and humor, it is a poignant reminder that God’s providence does not always come wrapped in the packaging we expect. It is a melodious song of a fragile human being who learns to sing and trust in spite of anxiety and circumstances.”. Review by Kathy Chapman Sharp, author of Life’s Too Short to Miss the Big Picture for Women.
This devotional © Copyright 2012 Jon Walker. All rights reserved. Used by permission.